As the hustle and bustle of the holiday becomes a distant memory we look to a new year, a clean slate of sorts that allows us to reflect on the last year and plan for a new one. While getting in shape and eating healthy always top the resolution list, we also wanted to reflect on the less tangible things in life that we aspire to focus on this year. We hope this helps inspire your 2015 too.
- Be in the moment – it’s too easy these days to check email, Facebook, or sneak in a little work when you’re also spending time with family and friends. But those moments matter most and so I will try to savor them.
- Work on some of the little things that will keep me healthy and younger longer: floss, drink 8 glasses, walk more and remember good posture.
- Breathe and sigh. Literally and figuratively. They’ll do a body good, but they also help let go of stress and unneeded anxiety.
- Learn how to do something I’ve always wanted to do – cook better (and faster), find out what wine pairs best with those meals ;), and really balance my budget.
- Get back to the gym/to working out – but on my terms, not by how many times per week I go to the gym or what the scale says.
- Practice kindness.
- Stay positive – it’s easy to focus on small moments that are frustrating or the one thing that goes wrong in a day, but I am lucky and I need to remind myself of that more often.
Cheers to 2015!